Joe Robinson is a freelance writer, affiliate marketer, and product creator. He’s not one to beat around the bush when it comes to offering an honest opinion! So, I wasn’t surprised he wanted to share his thoughts after switching recently to GetResponse for his email marketing. I also expected he’d want to share his views in a very creative and entertaining way and he didn’t let us down on that one! Here are 7 reasons Joe is now using GetResponse.
I’m a VERY fickle person when it comes to my email lists. I’ve cultivated my relationship with my subscribers. They are literally my only…er best friends. When I reached the point that I felt my current Autoresponder service was hurting my buddies (you guys are my buddies, right? SAY YOU’RE MY BUDDIES!), it was time to make a switch.
After an intense search of 2 hours (OK, 2 weeks), I settled on GetResponse. Here’s why:
- Reputation: I want to feel famous. To do so, I cling to the biggest movers and shakers that I can and hope that they like me. It doesn’t get much better than GetResponse, they’re right up there with the biggest autoresponders. They have a better reputation amongst marketers too.
- I’m a Stats Guy: I track everything. My bank account, the New England Patriots defense (atrocious in 2011, but this is the year!), my posts on the Warrior Forum, and of course everything that my subscribers are doing. My old autoresponder was tricky to navigate through and the numbers made me scratch my head. GetResponse has a much easier to understand interface. I’m a happy camper when I know EVERYTHING.
- Easy UI: On the topic of “easy to understand”, GetResponse’s user interface is much more user friendly than anything else I have had the unfortunate displeasure to use.
- HTML Editor: I’m a writer by nature. I like to craft words that make people laugh and cry. Put me in front of a text document and say “design a webpage” and I’m going to give you the most epic stinkeye ever. GetResponse offers their own HTML editor, which is very simple to use. It’s the only place I’m confident enough to even TRY HTML right now.
- Cost: The 30 day free trial was definitely alluring. I may just be a 22 year old guy; but I do know the importance of cutting cost wherever possible. The rates I’ll be facing after the trial are actually a bit lower than what I was paying with the other guys I was with. Win.
- Customer Service: The first five years of my working career were spread out across various fast food establishments. I know how easy it is to become quickly jaded in the face of crappy customer after crappy customer. At GetResponse, I haven’t found a single of those “f this” type workers. Everyone seems extremely nice and helpful. Heck, they gave me a post on this blog!
- Deliverability: We can’t forget about my subscribers, they were the whole reason I decided to make a switch! My old autoresponder was a bit iffy when it came to getting my emails to the reader. We aren’t talking spammy affiliate offers with headlines like “Gr0w Ur Manh00d b1g t1m3″, but simple conversational emails. GetResponse has taken the same emails and gotten them to my readers the first time, every time. It’s been freaking AWESOME.
What? I’m out of time already? I didn’t even get to tell people about my new business venture! Guys, before they shut me down, you can make millions of dollars selling bananas online. That’s right, bananas! There is just one secret…
You can contact Joe directly via Twitter.
So, what about you? Why did you switch to GetResponse? We’d love to read your comments! We may even feature you in a future post!