Spring is finally here! It’s the perfect time to refresh your wardrobe – and your email campaigns! Renew your template designs, subject lines, and messages with fresh ideas and approaches! Let the sun awaken your creativity and surprise recipients with some brand new graphics. A unique new image will certainly lead to more email engagement and more traffic to your website! That’s exactly what audiences are waiting for!
It’s time to breathe some new life into your campaigns, so here’re some spring tips we’ve prepared just for you:
Send a Happy Spring e-card
Build loyalty and renew relationships. Whether your customers celebrate Easter or not, they will appreciate your kind gesture. Create a spring e-card template, add some neutral wishes, and perhaps a special offer (see below). If you’d like it to go out on a certain day and time, all you need to do is create your list, compose your e-card, schedule and forget about it! The great thing about automation is, you can create your message when it’s convenient for you, then leave the rest to GetResponse. You’ll profit by saving time, increasing sales and – what’s most important in this case – improving customer retention.
Offer a spring discount
Spring is full of possibilities, so let’s look at some special offers you could use to energize your campaigns and wake your audiences up from their winter torpor.
Grab their attention with these irresistible discounts!
• “Be among the first 10 to hop into our store, and get 50% off!”
• “Make your garden grow! Your choice of seeds with every purchase!”
• “Spring into savings! Get an extra 10% with every $50 you spend!”
• “Earn a blossom with every purchase. 5 blossoms get you a bouquet of coupons!”
• “It’s time for your spring tune-up. Come in early and get a free CD!”
Send your first spring newsletter
If you sell a product or service, there’s nothing better for attracting new customers and increasing sales than refreshing your offer and adapting your product assortment to the new season. To make a ”spring splash”, introduce a new spring template and product suite in your first issue, add a nice spring promotion as discussed, and perhaps include a customer story or two with pictures. Make customers feel like spring is in the air!
Engage your audience with a contest
Who doesn’t like the fun of participating in contests? There’s a thrill of anticipation, especially when there’s a nice prize involved, so why not implement this great incentive into your spring email marketing activities? It can be silly or practical, like a personalized handy gadget, as long as it’s something people can use and enjoy. This simple activity can do miracles as far as your recipients’ engagement is concerned, and that loyalty to your brand can have a huge impact on your profits.
“Spring” a survey on your recipients
When spring is in the air, fresh ideas come to mind. It’s the perfect time to find out what your audiences are thinking and planning for the new season. Why not prepare a short survey that asks recipients about the things they may want to change, renew or refresh. Just assure them that you listen to them and their opinion is worth its weight in gold! You may even want to offer a small gift to thank them for participating. Believe us, these tokens of appreciation will “win” you loyal customers.
Apart from these spring tips, don’t forget the traditional, but ingenious techniques for keeping recipients engaged:
• Target your audiences all year long with personalization. When used with accuracy and good taste, it’s indisputably the best way to make your recipients feel special and respond to your offers. To learn more, read our blog, “Do personalized subject lines improve campaign results? Check out these stats now!”.
• Promote social sharing and you’ll reach more people with your message! Social media integration lets readers share your campaigns and newsletters via social networks. It’s easy and free, so why not use it?! Find more about this powerful tool in our “New social-sharing feature available in GetResponse!” blog post.
• Increase CTR with video emails! Most recipients prefer to see and hear from you, rather than read text. It’s just easier, faster and more fun to watch. Plus, you increase engagement! Emails containing video received, on average, 5.6% higher open rates, and 96.38 % higher CTRs than non-video emails! Read more about this in our ”Video emails improve campaign results. Check out these stats!” blog.
Good luck and please feel free to share with us any stories or tips about your spring email marketing messages!