This is the first in a series of customer spotlights sharing how people are using GetResponse to build their businesses and increase profits. If you’re on our email newsletter list, then you’ve already been sent an invitation to participate. All you have to do is answer the questions and send them back. We can’t promise to include everyone, but we’ll certainly try!
Recently we received this very thoughtful email from one of our customers:
Hello. I very rarely do this, but I wanted to thank you for a terrific mailing list product. I tried 2 others and they are just not as good.
One of your main competitors makes you open a new account for each campaign you do and offers nowhere near your usability and customer service IMO.
I have stopped using them completely as of today. I own 10 websites and to be able to run multiple campaigns with one log in and see everything on my dashboard is just great.
I was also very happy with my lead purchases as I had very few opt outs on the last one.
Tech issues come up so no product may be perfect 24/7 but I just wanted to say thank you for the best email one I’ve used.
All the best!
Search Engine Consultant
American Investment Training
It was serendipity! Just as we were about to email our customers to offer them the opportunity to be featured in our spotlight series, Nick Hunter sent us the email above. So, it seemed only right that we kick off our customer spotlights with Nick.
Can you tell us a little about your business and your experience using email marketing?
We are an Internet commerce company with about a dozen websites, specializing mostly in our niche, professional education. I am personally a search engine optimization expert SEO and am well known and well regarded on the web. I started offering an SEO Marketing newsletter via GetResponse.
Tell us about the success you’ve experienced as a result of using GetResponse.
We enjoy the interface and the stats (Email Intelligence) a great deal! We recently bought leads from your company and had a good sign up and “stick with” rate! We sent our last newsletter only to the leads bought list and I believe only 1 opted out.
Why is email so important to your business as a marketing channel?
Since our main campaign is search engine marketing (SEO), that area is always changing and our subscribers appreciate the free tips. It drives traffic to us and opportunities recommending affiliates.
What is the biggest mistake people make in email marketing and how can it be avoided?
There are a few mistakes people make with email marketing in my opinion. One, they email too often. Sending out email promo information should be no more than once a week. If I am on a mailing list and I get two or three emails a week from them, unless it is vital info, I’ll often opt out or at least – delete them.
It also shows a bit of desperation from my point of view if your marketing text is just about products and services. Be creative. Don’t be too commercial for your company. Give them something. With our SEO tips newsletter, 90% is straight free info and news and the other 10% is an affiliate promo link to the topic or an event/product we are offering. We want people to say, “we learned something and we want more.” Once they think that, they’ll visit your site more and look forward to your next email.
Another mistake IMO is that they load their email marketing newsletters with photos, vids and more content than your average reader wants to see. Of course if you are a bridal company, salon or auto maker, you probably want some pics. But even then, give free info, have a quiz, a puzzle or something fun.
If your customers do not look forward to your emails, your list will not grow as fast as it should.
If you could give one email marketing tip to others, what would it be?
Promise and deliver FREE info in the business you are in. Offer suggestions and keep building your list!
What made you switch to GetResponse and what (so far) have you been most impressed with?
For us, it was two main things:
- We had a hard time with companies who needed multiple log ins to run multiple campaigns. We are in a lot of areas (Internet Entrepreneurs if you will), so we need flexibility and GetResponse gives us that.
- The speed at which you send the emails is very impressive! Most of the time, we get the newsletter in our inbox within 10 seconds. Also your forms are easy to build and your codes are SHORT! This makes things easier with less clutter within the sourced page.
Thanks for taking the time to share your GetResponse success story with our community Nick! How has email marketing and GetResponse helped you succeed? Leave us a comment!