Many of our GetResponse customers have online shops. One of our top priorities is to support you by integrating all available e-commerce tools and services. At your request, we recently developed an integration to automate the transfer of information from Google Checkout to GetResponse campaigns.
Since September 2011, Google Checkout has been called Google Wallet for buyers, and the number of people using to process their online payments is growing quickly. Thanks to our new integration, now you can easily add those customers to your GetResponse email campaigns.
Capturing Shopping Data
Quick and unobstructed dataflow between your e-store and email marketing database is the foundation of successful marketing and sales campaigns. The best way to go about this is with automatic contact importing. Your lists grow with satisfied customers and brand enthusiasts, and you don’t even think about it.
Our latest GetResponse integration is easy to activate. Once completed, it adds all your new Google Checkout customers to a selected GetResponse destination campaign the moment they complete their first transaction in your e-shop.
It’s as simple as that.
About Google Checkout Integration
Enabling the integration takes three easy steps.
1. In your Dashboard menu, go to My account > Integrations and add your Google Checkout Merchant ID and Merchant Key to the authorization form.
2. Once you select the destination campaign for your new customers, an authorization code is generated.
3. Paste that code into your Google Checkout Merchant Account Settings; (this is also where you can find your Merchant ID and Key.)
That’s it. From that point, all your new e-store customers are added to your campaigns automatically.
Why Is This Important?
1. More and more shoppers use a single account for online and in-store transactions. Google Wallet is one of the most popular solutions that enables one account to process many methods of payment. It you don’t cater to those needs, your competitors will, and you’ll lose the opportunity to attract more shoppers.Having relevant and coherent communication with new customers immediately after they complete a purchase increases the chance that they will return. Once they complete a purchase, you can automatically follow up with an interesting, relevant and timely drip campaign to help the new customer learn more about your brand and your offer.
2. The foundation of every successful marketing campaign or program is a targeted, highly engaged audience. Your past customers are a responsive segment, as they’ve already shown interest in your offer.
2. Entering a relevant and coherent communication with your new customers right after they complete a purchase increases the chance that they will return o you in the future. Once they complete a purchase you can now automatically follow up with an interesting, relevant and timely drip campaign that will help the new customer find our more about your brand and your offer.
3. Google Checkout does not let you export contact details of your past customers in a list; you can only enter them one by one from transaction details. But once you integrate Google Checkout and GetResponse, you can store them in your database for future promo offers and campaigns. Such a list would be otherwise impossible to compile.
Check Out the GetResponse App Center
Email is the best way to quickly inform customers of product updates, new items in your store, and exclusive offers.
For more about this and other e-commerce integrations, visit the GetResponse App Center.
And stay tuned — our developers constantly look for more useful services to integrate with GetResponse. If you know a service that would go well with GetResponse and make your life and job easier, let us know — all ideas are welcome.