We were happy to discover from your comments that you enjoy our customer email marketing tips and find them useful in your businesses. To keep the ball rolling, we’d like to introduce Traci Watkins, general manager of Ohio-based Ghost Walk Productions LLC, an online company that tells the Ghost Walk story via its popular website, http://www.ghostwalklive.com, as well as video, motion pictures, articles and books (including all manner of macabre and spine tingling tales)
How does GetResponse help our business?
Traci, an avid GetResponse user, had this to say: “GetResponse plays a major role in our marketing programs. The newsletter we publish keeps our friends and fans up to date on the latest videos and projects, as well as entertaining them with scary stories, weird facts and happenings, and links to other interesting sites. It’s a fantastic communications tool, and a huge time and money saver!”
Fortunately for all of us, Traci agreed to share some of her “golden rules” for email marketing to Ghost Walk’s uniquely discriminating audience:
• Promote sharing! We know the biggest thing in email marketing is open and click rates. So ask your readers to share your newsletters with friends, family − anyone they think might be interested! Word of mouth is by far the most powerful and effective advertising for the money.
• Find out readers’ interests! Take a poll or survey every so often and ask them if they’d like to suggest a topic, or if they’re interested in a new product, or simply if they’re enjoying your emails, and why. It helps us stay plugged into audience tastes and because GetResponse Online Surveys are free, we make good use of them!
• Give subscribers relevant content so they’ll come to expect it and open your email messages every time! This doesn’t mean you have to be a great writer or even an expert; it’s more like you need to deliver on the topics and preferences they signed up for. It doesn’t even have to come from you… online blogs, articles, or news that could be useful to your customers are great too.
• Most of all, give your readers what they want and when they want it! They subscribed to you for that reason so it’s an agreement you need to honor. If you’re making changes in the topics or timing of your newsletters, ask your subscribers how they feel about it in a poll or survey. That tells them you listen to them and honor their preferences!
• Lastly, enjoy yourself! Your emails will reflect your mood! Not feeling cheery? Wait until you’re feeling positive − an hour or 2 won’t hurt. Your readers will thank you for the smile.
About our guest
Ghost Walk Production LLC owns www.ghostwalklive.com . Among their many current projects is a high-profile “Ghost Walk” movie trailer campaign, the “Ghost Walk: The Harvest Ball” publication, to be released in the fall of 2010, and the “Haunted Doll House “cam. Rocky Karlage, creator and president of Ghost Walk Productions, LLC, started the company 2 years ago to realize his dream of sharing his supernatural vision with the world through motion pictures and online videos. Find out more at the Ghost Walk Live website.
Perhaps you’d like to share with us and other readers your email marketing tips? Please fill in this short survey: