Are you looking to run Facebook ads in your business? Maybe you have been using the power of Facebook ads for a while but aren’t hitting the numbers you hoped for? I’m here to help. In this blog post, I am going to share with you a bunch of ads which I believe to have gotten great results.
My criteria for selecting these ads are simple. As a Facebook ad strategist, I have a habit of taking screen shots of ads that appear in my newsfeed and grab my attention. And the ones that do that tend to have these things in common.
- A compelling image. If the ad doesn’t have a photo that catches my eye and makes me not only want to stop scrolling but also click on the ad, I think that the creative is lacking.
- The targeting. The way I know if I am targeted well is if I am interested in clicking through and finding out more. Many times, I am targeted by people selling something by creating a lookalike audience and that is often the reason for poor targeting, but not always.
- I want to be able to know what the ad is about within a few seconds. For that reason, the headline and the text above the image are super important. If any of those don’t grab my attention, I’ll move on.
As an entrepreneur, I am always intrigued by ads for business coaching, online marketing, sales and visibility. And you, the person reading this blog post, are most likely an entrepreneur or a small business owner yourself. I am confident that the ad examples would be relevant to you.
So, based on these three reasons, let’s now go ahead and look at the ads that recently caught my attention.
#1 Digital Marketer
- Nobody does ads like the folks over at Digital Marketer, period.
- I don’t particularly like this style of image but who cares what I think (just look at the number of likes and shares this post has received).
- Their copy is always spot on. It’s clear, concise and resonates. A clear winner.
#2 Amy Porterfield, Online Entrepreneur
- Amy is retargeting me with this ad as I attended her live webinar about creating courses. She is using her photo but has clearly upgraded her look (it’s very exciting for us women).
- Straight to the point with her headline.
- Her copy starts with a statement that you can’t help but nod your head to. Great ad.
#3 Robin and Mike Pisciotta, Sales funnel specialists
- Love the image because of the green filter which stands out in the newsfeed and is also part of their brand. Notice they are using their photo. Now, I have liked their page so it could be that they were targeting their page fans only but still very well done.
- Love the headline.
- They are not saying ‘Are you a coach’ but qualifying people simply based on the choice of the blog post they are promoting.
#4 Frank Kern, Online Marketer
- The old way of doing webinars is dead! Huh, what? Tell me more …
- Great image. Shows off Frank’s personality.
- You can’t see all of the copy but it is brilliant. He uses teaser bullets that have you salivating for the webinar.
#5 Bill Baren, Sales Coach
- I chose this one because the copy is hypnotic. It’s so simple and yet deeply resonates.
- The image screams “The yes map” making me want to know more. I’m in.
#6 Sue B. Zimmerman, Instagram Expert
- What great copy. She is using a conversational tone of voice and it feels like she is talking directly with you.
- The image for me doesn’t stand out that much but the text overlay caught my attention.
- Read the text underneath the headline. Doesn’t she sound like your best friend?
#7 Tara Gentile, Online Entrepreneur
- For me, the copy on this ad makes it a winner. Start reading it and you’ll see.
- Love Tara’s photo and the text overlay. The play on words is fantastic.
#8 Jeff Walker, Launch Expert
We all know Jeff, right? Just notice the social proof on his ad. Need I say more?
#9 Robin and Mike Pisciotta, Funnel experts
- Yes, I included two of their ads – that speaks to how good they are when it comes to Facebook ads.
- Great image, great copy. Where do I sign up?
#10 Selena Soo, PR Coach
- The copy is emotional and touches a nerve with her ideal audience and definitely catches attention.
- Curiosity building headline entices people into clicking.
#11 Zach Spuckler, Periscope Expert
- A retargeting ad done very well. Notice the copy at the start “You recently …”
- Zach is using his photo to connect with a warm audience.
- Clear, compelling call to action to join his free training.
#12 Janet Murray, PR Coach
- The image is bright and eye catching.
- Great headline. Catches my eye as I am interested in getting PR for my business.
- Great copy. Notice the words “Without hiring a PR agency or writing a single press release”. I mean, who wants to do that?
#13 Petra Foster, Client Enrolment Strategist
- LOVE the image. Eye-catching and different.
- The headline is clear and compelling
- Love the copy because it alludes to the fact that one can book high paying clients even if they are not “Internet famous”.
#14 Bushra Azhar, Persuasion Strategist
- What makes this ad compelling is the image. When was the last time you saw an ad go retro? Brilliant.
- The copy is also fantastic. Go on, read it. Who doesn’t want to be remembered?
#15 Matt Roessier, Sales Coach
- Matt used this ad to retarget me because I visited his website. Well done!
- Love the image with Matt’s photo and text overlay
- Clear and concise CTA reminding me to book a call with Matt.
So there you have it. 15 ads to get you inspired and get your creative juices flowing. I have tons more to share but there is no way I could include them all. Maybe a part two in is order? We shall see.
Which of these ads caught your eye? Which one would you definitely click on? Share in the comments below.