Importing prospects has always been a rather difficult task for our users. That’s why we are introducing a completely new, easy-to-use and far more powerful tool.
The brand new Import Wizard is already available and fully operational, but for the next 30 days, starting today, it will be available along with the old import page.
Why is that?
At GetResponse we care about the usability of our features. For the very first time, we would like to give you the unique opportunity to make the tools you use in your business even better. That’s why now the power to innovate is in your hands. During those 30 days we will gather your opinions and consider them in the final release. This means that you can fine tune the Import Wizard together with us. Your opinion does matter! You can give us your invaluable feedback using the links below this article.
What benefits does the new Import Wizard have?
- It guides you all the way. Thanks to the progress indicators you know at which step of the importing process you are currently in.
- If you have any questions or problems, then you can access context-sensitive help by clicking the question mark button ( ), right next to each field. A lot of examples and explanations can be found there to assist you on the way.
- Outstanding flexibility that should handle practically any CSV format out there. The Import Wizard now supports a number of different list formats:
- Comma-, semicolon-, tab-, keystroke- and custom character separated
- With or without column name header
- Double, single or not quoted fields (advanced option)
- All your settings will be verified “on-the-fly”, so you will be sure that the format you choose fits your data. All changes in the format settings are also visualized instantly in the Preview panel.
- You can import your CSV files without changing their structure; right now, thanks to the column mapping feature, you can tell which columns contain particular data. It also lets you give names to the custom fields in your CSV file even before its import. Additionally, it is possible not to import selected columns that you find redundant.
- It is now possible to import lists that contain the first and last names in separate columns, so they will be available under the [[firstname]] and [[name]] merge words, instead of separately as custom fields, as it used to be.
- If you have a list that contains non-English characters and has been saved in a special encoding, then Import Wizard will let you convert the data to the format that is understood by GetResponse, so you will not loose the national touch in your prospect’s name or custom fields. In order to help you with defining the correct encoding, your settings will be instantly visualized, so you will be able to verify if your national characters look good. – Setting the encoding is an advanced option.
- You can skip a few records from your CSV file, so they will not be imported at all – it is useful, when there are some comments or other data in your CSV file.
If you have any thoughts, ideas or comments, please do not hesitate to share them with us by using the “Post a comment” feature below.
Christopher Jarecki, Project Manager of GetResponse, an Implix Company.
GetResponse is an opt-in email service provider with over 7 years of achievements in managing autoresponders, newsletter hosting and follow-up for small businesses and large corporations.
Learn more: http://www.GetResponse.com