As we informed you some time ago, we’ve been working on improving our Facebook sign-up form application. So here it is. Since a few things have changed, here are updated A-Z instructions for you so you can add it to your Facebook fan page and start collecting sign-ups right away.
This article was last edited on November 5, 2015
GREAT NEWS! Just recently, we’ve launched our new list building feature – The Forms. With the List Builder Wizard and List Builder Apps you can build just about any type of sign-up form you can imagine and put it on your website quickly.
On top of that, we’ve also updated our Facebook Web Form App! If you haven’t used it yet, take a look at our full installation guide below. If you have, however, there’s no need to install it again. It will update itself automatically 🙂
1. Log in to Facebook and go to the application
2. Click “Add to Fan Page”
3. First, authorize the app and from the list of fan pages for which you are the admin, choose the one you want to add the sign-up form to and click the “Add Page Tab” button
4. Now go to your page and you’ll see a new “Sign up” tab in the Apps section (by default you’ll find it below the About the Page section). In case you have more apps installed, you can also find the ‘Sign Up Web Form App’ in the ‘More’ section, available right in the Fan Page navigation bar.
Here you can also change the default Application Thumbnail Icon and its name. Just click Manage Tabs » Add or Remove Tabs » Edit Settings » Custom Tab Image and Custom Tab Name.
Upload an icon of your choice (the dimensions must be 111 pixels high x 74 pixels wide)
5. Then, click the application tab and you’ll see a box to log in to your GetResponse account (this will allow you to sync your GetResponse account with the app). Just fill in the API key to log in. (check where to find your API key)
After you log in, you’ll see the Settings box where you can:
- Choose the web form from a dropdown window
- Choose the campaign you want to add your new subscribers to
- Add the text you want to be displayed on the tab – a message to encourage visitors to sign up and to explain what they will receive
Note: basic HTML tags are allowed: <div> <p> <span> <a> <br> <h1> <h2> <h3> <style> <b> <u> <i> Adding images is not allowed.
- Align the form (left/center/right)
- Adjust the position of the additional text
7. Now click “Save” and you’re done! You can also preview your tab at any time as well as make any necessary adjustments.
If you try to put a sign-up form on your Facebook Page but have not yet created a form in your GetResponse account, you’ll get the following information after logging into the app.
Go to your GetResponse account and create a form for your campaign, then go back to the fan page and click “Go back to Settings”. You’ll now be able to choose the form and adjust the settings of your sign-up tab.
And if you see this message:
Try refreshing the page. If that doesn’t do the trick, contact GetResponse Customer Support, providing the details of your GetResponse account and the fan page address. We’ll help.
Once you’re done with the edits, your Facebook Sign-up can look just like the one below.
A few extra tips
Read our previous post to learn how to change the name of the tab to anything you want, how to make it the default landing tab, and a couple of other tricks.
Also, watch out for any external graphics you’ve added to your sign-up form. Since it’s now mandatory to use secure browsing (https) for all Facebook apps (including ours), all content must be added via https also, which means you’ll need to host it via services that use the SSL protocol. Otherwise Facebook will keep warning you that you’re trying to access unsecure locations while using the application.
We really hope the new app will make setting up your Facebook sign-up forms much easier.
Do let us know if you have any questions or problems – we’ll gladly help you out!
Free Ultimate Holiday Campaign Guide
Creating a holiday campaign is no longer a challenge, all it takes is a pinch of holiday spirit, a spoonful of creativity, and a seasoning based on your favorite holiday month. So this season we wanted to give your the ultimate free holiday ebook.