Social media keeps evolving dynamically – sometimes it’s hard to keep track of all the changes! The way the email-social relationship develops is equally dynamic. And from what we’re seeing, it’s definitely for the better. We’ve just updated our research from last year that shows even better results of email-social integration. On this occasion, we’ve put together a free special report and an infographic – read on to grab them both.
If last year’s findings didn’t convince you to share your emails, maybe this year’s will?
Why should you share?
The major finding of the GetResponse analysis is that the number of users who include social sharing buttons in their emails increased from 18.3% to 29.4%. Compared to last year’s results, that’s an increase of 61%.
What’s even more striking is the exceptionally high performance results for newsletters that included social sharing buttons. Those emails had an average click-through-rate (CTR) 158% higher than emails that didn’t include social sharing. Check out yourself:
[click for an enlarged version]
Highlights of the infographic
- Facebook was included in almost every social email becoming the most popular sharing option. Its popularity increased by almost 9% compared to 2011. Twitter came a close second, almost doubling its result from the previous year.
- LinkedIn noted a huge leap – the number of emails that included it increased from 8.5% last year to 68.1%. No wonder since the service kept its position of the top performer in email CTR.
- Marketers not only share more frequently, but also on more social channels. The number of marketers who included 3 social sharing icons increased from just 7.4% in 2011 to almost 40% in 2012. An even larger bump can be observed for 4 and more icons that were previously used by just 0.1% (now used by 34.9%).
- It’s interesting to see how Pinterest is performing (not included in our previous research) with a result of 46.4% of marketers who included social sharing.
Email marketing + social media integration
Social sharing can bring great results (hope you’re now convinced) but it will require some effort to optimize it. To help you with this, we put together a special report containing:
- market research and industry benchmarks
- more findings from our latest social sharing study
- tips and techniques you can use to increase the effectiveness of your email and social communications by successfully integrating the two.
Do you integrate your email marketing with social media?