As we informed you some time ago, we’ve been working on improving our Facebook sign-up form application. So here it is. Since a few things have changed, here are updated A-Z instructions for you so you can add it to your Facebook fan page and start collecting sign ups right away.
GREAT NEWS! We’ve just launched the new version of our web form app – the new features (from point 5) and tagged with UPDATE before the text. Let us know if you have any questions regarding the new app!
Here’s how to install the app on your fan page.
(Note, if you’ve installed the app previously, it will update automatically, so there’s no need to install it again.)
1. Log in to Facebook and go to the application:
2. Click “Add to Fan Page”
3. From the list of fan pages for which you are the admin, choose the one you want to add the sign up form to and click the “Add Page Tab” button.
4. Now go to your fan page, and you’ll see a new “Sign up” below your cover photo.
If you have other apps below the photo and you can’t see the new one, click the arrow on the right of the tabs list and search for the new tab.
To bring it to the front, click the pencil icon in the top left corner of the app image and choose which app you want to swap positions with.
From the same place you can also change the name and icon for the tab – click “Edit settings” in the drop-down menu:
Upload an icon of your choice (the dimensions must be 111×74 pixels) and change the title.
5. UPDATE! Click the tab and you’ll see a box to log in to your GetResponse account. Now you need to enter the API key to log in (check where to find your API key).
After you log in, you’ll see the Settings box where you can:
- Choose the web form from a dropdown window.
- UPDATE! Choose the campaign you want to add your new subscribers to.
- Add text you want to be displayed on the tab – a message to encourage visitors to sign up and to explain what they will receive. Note: basic HTML tags are allowed: <div> <p> <span> <a> <br> <h1> <h2> <h3> <style> <b> <u> <i> Adding images is not allowed.
- Align the form.
- Adjust the position of the additional text.
7. Then click “Save” and you’re done. You can also preview your tab at any time and make necessary adjustments.
If you try to put a sign-up form on your Facebook page but haven’t yet created a sign-up form in your GetResponse account, you’ll get the following information after logging into the app:
Go to your GetResponse account and create a form for your campaign, then go back to the fan page and click “Go back to Settings”. You’ll now be able to choose the form and adjust the settings of your sign-up tab.
And if you see this message:
Try refreshing the page. If that doesn’t help, contact GetResponse Customer Support, providing the details of your GetResponse account and the fan page address. We’ll help.
A few extra tips
Read our previous post to learn how to change the name of the tab to anything you want, how to make it the default landing tab, and a couple of other tricks.
Also, watch out for any external graphics you’ve added to your sign up form. Since it is now mandatory to use secure browsing (https) for all Facebook apps (including ours), all content must be added via https also, which means you’ll need to host it on services that uses the SSL protocol. Otherwise Facebook will keep warning you that you’re trying to access unsecure locations while using the application.
We really hope the new app will make setting up your Facebook sign-up forms much easier. Do let us know if you have any questions or problems – and we’ll be glad to help!