According to data collected and reported by Mojiva, 97% of moms who own a tablet shopped online using the device last month. 62% use shopping apps, 46% took action after seeing an ad on their mobile, and they spent on average 6.1 hours per day on their smartphone. Their collective buying power is estimated at $24 trillion. That makes us mobile moms an ideal target for savvy email marketers.
Mobile moms save time and money by using their smartphones to shop online. They’re also the driving force behind family shopping decisions. If you can reach and engage them – their home budgets can create a substantial share of your ROI.
And there’s only one way to reach them: with the right offer at the right time via the right channel. How to do it? With GetResponse email marketing.
Research Data on Moms
1. Moms are addicted to smartphones
They spend on average 6.1 hours per day on their smartphone, and 51% admit they’re “addicted” to it.
2. Moms spend a lot
How much? Their collective buying power is estimated at $24 trillion. Impressive, huh?
3. Moms react quickly
46% took action after seeing an ad on their smartphone.
4. Moms shop local
46% want to receive information on their mobile device while inside a store.
5. Moms are busy
49% of mobile moms are fulltime workers. More than 60% run a household of three or four (including single-parent households).
6. Moms like to share
If they like your product – more than 80% of them are likely to follow your brand, share, comment and post content.
Why am I talking about this subject?
I’m a mother myself and can confirm: every bit of the research is true. I do most of the shopping online — including groceries — and I’m happiest if great deals find me, not the other way around.
If you want to turn me into your brand evangelist, you have to make my life more productive, more effective, and easier. Then I’m all yours … and will tell other moms about you.
So here are a few firsthand tips on how to optimize your email marketing for the world’s shopping superpower – mobile moms.
How to Reach $24 Trillion Market
- Mobile email is one of the most important channels for reaching me. That means mobile-ready templates are essential because, if it doesn’t display properly — I’ll simply ignore it.
- I make instant buying decisions and can be influenced by a sense of urgency. So don’t hesitate to promote time-sensitive and quantity-limited offers.
- I love to share with and seek advice from peers. If you give me something I believe in – I’ll preach it to my friends and persuade them to try it out.
- Not all moms use smartphones. But of those who do, most are: employed full-time, white, college graduates, age 22 to 34. This is potentially your most responsive target, so segment your list and monitor subscriber preferences closely.
- Moms are busy. They welcome every offer that can make life easier.
- Mix it all with a pinch of family love, care and protection and you’re heading straight for success.
Below are a few of the most eye-catching offers of the week. Enjoy, and let us know about your successes addressing your target groups.
Heart-melting, limited-time, exclusively online:
Home safety with convenient delivery solutions:
Clear an convenient links to particular categories:
Fresh coffee at your door at your select frequency:
Your favorite blend early enough in stock for you to have it: