This Wednesday we had a great deal of fun busting some common email marketing myths during a webinar hosted by DJ Waldow and Jim Ducharme. Thanks to everyone who attended! If you couldn’t join us or wouldn’t mind a replay, here’s a recording for you.
DJ Waldow, the Founder & CEO of Waldow Social and Jim Ducharme, GetResponse Community Director decided to bust a few of the common email marketing myths that some still think to be true. Some of these were (in order of appearance):
- Never use the word FREE in a subject line
- All email subject lines should be between 35 and 50 characters
- Hiding the unsubscribe link will keep people from opting out
- The bigger the list the better
- Stuff as many offers into each email as you can
They also answered a bunch of great questions that the participants asked on the chat. To find out the answers, press play!
What kind of email marketing myths have you busted?